Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How to Spread Yourself Thin

My latest DIY Mug Creations!
I'm starting to realize that I'm spreading myself too thin. Spreading yourself thin is easy!

First, have a kid.
Then, get a husband (if you don't have one already).
Next, get a full time job (again...if you don't have one already).

Now you're ready to begin!

Now, get bored, and grow a need to share your skills with the world! Then realize your skills are amazing and should not be thrown away for free. Then also realize that you have to give your skills away for free but only in the beginning to give yourself a name.  So start giving your skills away for free by making crafts as giveaways for a second job.

Did I forget to mention the second job?

In between your current life and your thinly spread life, acquire a second job that doesn't quite pay and doesn't quite meet all the sparkly benefits that were promised, but you're good at it so you keep doing it in hopes that the success will come and the hard work and money will pay off.

So now you're employed, self employed with second job, and crafting in your spare time to keep you sane.  Start volunteering!!  It'll be fun!  You can design stuff for people who need your help.  You'll make a difference, and your stuff will matter!  Start thinking of a million and one ideas per day. Each idea should be feasible, and should potentially make you money, or be a great starter business, or free up some of your extra time, or be great to do with the family.  But at the end of the day, you'll do none of it.  You'll post, and pin, and tweet, and research, but to no avail.  You may even write down in a blog somewhere where no one reads to discuss the hardships of honing your skills so that one day you can be someone. But no one reads the blog, so who cares.  At least its there to show up on your personal website that you have thought about updating for WEEKS but haven't had the time or energy to do so.

I think I'm getting off track.  Maybe because I'm spreading myself too thin.  I need to focus.

But the cups are still cute right?  I could probably get $5 for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment